Hal Lieberman, who has worked extensively in the fields of attorney discipline and legal ethics for more than three decades, heads up the Firm’s ethics practice. Hal and ECBAWM defend lawyers and law firms accused of disciplinary violations; represent lawyers and law firms in civil and criminal disqualification motions, contempt and sanctions proceedings; and provide advice and formal opinions on matters involving legal malpractice and professional ethics. Hal also maintains a legal ethics blog, available here.
- All aspects of attorney disciplinary defense, including appeal
- Expert opinions and testimony in civil and criminal litigation and arbitrations concerning legal malpractice, breach of fiduciary duty, and professional responsibility
- Counseling and representation of lawyers and law firms in partnership or intra-firm disputes
- Representation of lawyers and law firms in connection with disqualification motions
- Fee disputes
- Assistance to lawyers and law firms facing civil or criminal contempt or sanctions
- Legal ethics advice and risk management counseling to lawyers and law firms