Vivake Prasad joined the firm in 2020. He has substantial experience in complex litigation in federal and state courts, including in civil rights class actions at both the trial and appellate levels. For several years, he represented plaintiffs challenging unconstitutional wealth-based detention and a de facto debtors’ prison in the city of Ferguson, Missouri. He has also represented corporations, international organizations, and foreign sovereigns in a variety of commercial, regulatory, and advisory matters. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Prasad was a litigation associate at White & Case LLP.
Mr. Prasad received his J.D. from New York University School of Law, where he was the Senior Articles Editor for the N.Y.U. Journal of Legislation & Public Policy. During law school, he served as a student advocate in the NYU Racial Justice Clinic at the ACLU Racial Justice Program and the NYU Global Justice Clinic. He also worked at the ACLU Voting Rights Project and was awarded a Ford Foundation Fellowship.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Prasad advised Indian Members of Parliament on legislation and policy matters with PRS Legislative Research, at the Centre for Policy Research, in New Delhi. He also served as an Indicorps Fellow in Rajasthan, India. He received his B.S. in Policy & Management and Political Science, with University Honors, from Carnegie Mellon University.
- 19 ECBAWM Attorneys Named to 2021 Super Lawyers Lists
- Emery Celli Brinckerhoff Abady Ward & Maazel LLP Announces New Team Members
- ECBAWM Secures Landmark Settlement Between Voting Rights Advocates and Private Security Company Charged with Voter Intimidation
- ECBAWM Files Putative Class Action on Behalf of Inmates Denied Rehab, Early Release
- ECBAWM Files Set of Election Cases to Protect Voting Rights
New York University School of Law, J.D., 2015
Carnegie Mellon University, B.S., 2009
“Super Lawyers” Rising Star (2021)