Marissa Benavides joined the firm in 2019 after clerking for the Honorable L. Felipe Restrepo of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. Prior to clerking, Ms. Benavides was a litigation associate at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP.
Ms. Benavides received her J.D. from Harvard Law School in 2016 with pro bono honors. During law school, she was a student attorney at the Harvard Legal Aid Bureau, where she represented low-income clients in eviction actions, divorce proceedings, child custody disputes, Social Security disability appeals, and unemployment benefits appeals. Ms. Benavides received her B.A. in Political Science with a distinction in International Studies from Yale University.
- ECBAWM Wins First Amendment Challenge in the Second Circuit
- ECBAWM Attorneys Earn Recognition from ALM for OSU Case
- 6th Cir Court of Appeals Reinstates Sex Abuse Case Against The Ohio State University
- LGBTQ Students Win Right to Form Official Student Club at Yeshiva University
- ECBAWM Obtains $8 Million Settlement for Wrongful Conviction Under Queens DA Richard Brown
Havard Law School, J.D., pro bono honors, 2016
Yale University, B.A., 2012