Marissa Benavides joined the firm in 2019 after clerking for the Honorable L. Felipe Restrepo of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. Prior to clerking, Ms. Benavides was a litigation associate at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP.
Ms. Benavides received her J.D. from Harvard Law School in 2016 with pro bono honors. During law school, she was a student attorney at the Harvard Legal Aid Bureau, where she represented low-income clients in eviction actions, divorce proceedings, child custody disputes, Social Security disability appeals, and unemployment benefits appeals. Ms. Benavides received her B.A. in Political Science with a distinction in International Studies from Yale University.
- Firm Client Advocates for New Law to Reform Solitary Confinement in New York State Prisons
- ECBAWM Clients Sue Trump Administration for Voter Intimidation
- ECBAWM Files Federal Civil Rights Suit Against Prison Officials for Abusive Conditions Leading to a 22-Year-Old Man’s Suicide
- NBC News Features OSU Survivor Stephen Snyder-Hill
- 43 Survivors File New Complaint Against Ohio State
Havard Law School, J.D., pro bono honors, 2016
Yale University, B.A., 2012