Marissa Benavides joined the firm in 2019 after clerking for the Honorable L. Felipe Restrepo of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. Prior to clerking, Ms. Benavides was a litigation associate at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP.
Ms. Benavides received her J.D. from Harvard Law School in 2016 with pro bono honors. During law school, she was a student attorney at the Harvard Legal Aid Bureau, where she represented low-income clients in eviction actions, divorce proceedings, child custody disputes, Social Security disability appeals, and unemployment benefits appeals. Ms. Benavides received her B.A. in Political Science with a distinction in International Studies from Yale University.
- ECBAWM Obtains $8 Million Settlement for Wrongful Conviction Under Queens DA Richard Brown
- ECBAWM Challenges Dismissal of 118 Plaintiffs’ Sex Abuse Claims Against The Ohio State University in the Sixth Circuit, Five Amicus Briefs Filed in Support of Plaintiffs
- CNN, Sports Illustrated, and Other Major Media Cover Latest OSU Sexual Assault Lawsuit
- ECBAWM Files Third Lawsuit Against The Ohio State University for Its Role in Facilitating and Concealing Sexual Assaults
- ECBAWM Files Excessive Force Lawsuit on Behalf of Man Paralyzed by NYPD Officers
Havard Law School, J.D., pro bono honors, 2016
Yale University, B.A., 2012