David Berman has a broad practice encompassing civil rights and commercial matters in federal and state court. He has experience representing individuals and organizations in cases involving housing discrimination, false arrests, malicious prosecutions, and use of excessive force by police and correctional officers, the abuse of children and persons with disabilities, First Amendment free speech, and other constitutional questions at both the trial and appellate level. His commercial practice involves real estate and land use disputes, intellectual property disputes, commercial arbitrations, and civil RICO matters.
Prior to joining the firm in 2017, Mr. Berman clerked for the Hon. Cheryl Ann Krause of the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Hon. Allyne Ross of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
Mr. Berman received his B.A. magna cum laude from Brown University and graduated from Stanford University Law School, where he received Gerald Gunther Prizes for Outstanding Performance in Torts, Employment Law, and Criminal Procedure: Adjudication. In law school, Mr. Berman served as the Online Managing Editor for the Stanford Law and Policy Review and served as a student attorney in the Stanford Community Law Clinic where he represented low-income clients in eviction proceedings, criminal record expungements, and Social Security disability appeals.
- ECBAWM Clients Sue State College, PA Police for Fatal Shooting
- Trump Family’s Effort to Compel Arbitration of Fraud Case Denied
- Statement of Counsel for the Former Bloomberg Staffers Who Filed a Nationwide Class-Action Lawsuit Today Against Mike Bloomberg 2020
- New York Times Features Victories by ECBAWM Clients Over Big Development
- ECBAWM Files Federal Class Action Challenging False Arrests of Visitors to Rikers Island
Stanford Law School, J.D., 2015
Brown University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2011
“Super Lawyers” Rising Star (2021)